Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Higher, Mr. Chips! Higher!

More than a month since I've posted? Shame on me. Just a sign of how busy I've been.

I almost posted a few weeks ago when I (literally) ran into William Hurt at a restaurant. Didn't even realize it was him til my friend Matt Haynes told me after we left. All I recalled was that the guy didn't seem to accept my apology for ramming into him on my way to the bathroom.

So....Romeo and Juliet closed after a wonderful run. I'll work with Blue Monkey anytime. We moved (and I almost wrote a post about how awesome my friend Kenichi is. And I should have. Without him, we never could have done that move. Never. When others bowed out, Ken was there, man. We owe him.) I held auditions for MacBeth. I started Umpiring for High School games. (And got rather harrassed by a coach who didn't like my ball and strike calls. Tough.) I have the reading of my first play in about 8 years next week. And I landed my first Portland commercial.

It took place in a windtunnel at the local Freightliner industrial complex. The concept was that a tour of truckers were asked what they would do if they had a wind tunnel, and one trucker had a dream sequence in which he was dressed in a squirrel suit and flying in the breeze. like a kite. I played the ringmaster who held his leash and shouted at him to fly higher while I whipped him. It was great fun - especially when they turned the wind machine on. They told us that they only had it up to 25 MPH - the sucker goes to 65 - now THAT would have kicked ass.

Gotta say - it beats substitute teaching any day.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home