Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Such Welcome and Unwelcome Things at Once

These last couple days have been just ridiculous.

First there was the good review (See below.) Yay.

Then I had an interview with the Northwest Academy to teach their theatre class next year. It's a part time gig, 4-6 three days a week. The whole job is directing four plays. The interview went really well.

Then we went to the Opera, which was fun, and while we were there, the Twins won in extra innings.

Then we came home, and it all went south.

An argument over dinner was one thing, and not really a big deal.

The second review (see below) was less than pleasing.

This morning I auditioned for Portland Center Stage. I got an early audition, which was good, but the auditors didn't really seem present. I've never had an audience that didn't laugh at the "Coupling" monologue ever. Until now.

Did some mother's day shopping, came home.

And then it got better again.

Lisa and I had a lovely day. Went to see Spider Man 3, which was excellent, no matter what the reviewers say. We had a great time. On the walk home, I had a call from David Wagstaff at the Northwest Adademy...

I got the job! So awesome. It means I'll only have to sub maybe 1 or 2 days a week next year, and I'll be done early enough to do shows in the evening.

Then the Twins lost, but it wasn't the end of the world, since we had a lovely dinner.

Just a lot of up and down the last couple days.

I'm subbing an English class tomorrow, and then we have five straight days of performances.

Here's hoping things stay on an upswing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home