Thursday, August 02, 2007

Minnesotan

My hometown broke yesterday.

Somehow it feels wrong not to be there. I want to hug my parents and my friends, I want to know that they are ok, and to go through this with them. I want to try to give blood for them (and be turned away because I lived in London for a year...) I want to do SOMETHING.

Instead I go through it alone. Far away. Where lots of people don't even know what happened.

I know that bridge. I've driven on that bridge many, many times. I used to work at the hospital that a lot of the people were taken to.

My heart is in Minneapolis right now. All of my people are safe, but I grieve with them anyhow. Because the dead and injured are Minnesotans.

And so am I.

1 Comments:

Blogger shuttergoddess said...

Man, I am sorry for the weight of the week. I hope things locally are shaping up. As a diversion, I hope you saw my post of August 6, specifically. You.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home