Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What You Take With You

Today was a lovely day, if an easy one.

We met Erin's friend Matthew for lunch. We went to a movie (for free!) called I Love You, Phillip Morris, a movie everyone should see when it comes out in the US in April. In fact, I think I'll write a blog about it.

Then we went up to Marine Ices, possibly my favorite restaurant in all the world, and a treat w'd held off til the last minute. Their pastas are fantastic. Their hot fudge is made in house, and is absolutely exqusite. And you know how Erin is about dessert. It was a great night.

And an early one. An 11:00 flight out of Heathrow means leaving here by 7:00 AM. I'm already up too late.

With the time change tomorrow is a 31 hour day. But we'll see Portland tomorrow.

Endings are always hard for me - from the time I was a child and cried when the Sesame Street Christmas Special was over, through now, when the end of every show pains me. I hate endings. (So I chose a profession with NO stability. Clever.) I'm sad to leave tomorrow. I'll miss hanging out with Thierry, I'll miss London and all the memories it brought back. I'll miss the freedom of only working 2 hours a night instead of 16.

But what makes it not-so-bad is that I get to bring the best part of it home with me. I don't have to leave Erin behind, and that makes all the difference.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home