Saturday, September 07, 2013

Alaska!

I am currently sitting at Anchorage's version of Saturday market. It's not as big as Portland's, but it sure is local. I just had a fresh Salmon and Reindeer Sausage quesadilla. Yep, I'm in Alaska!

Now about that last leg...

Yesterday I drove through a section of the world that it appears is not part of a country. I passed the Canadian customs, and it was another 22km to the Alaskan US border. I was not in a country. Aside from international waters, I didn't think such places existed. Kind of awesome.

Other than that, it was like a greatest hits of everything that's happened so far. There was a border crossing (easy this time), plenty of night time driving, gravel sections, many beautiful vistas, stopping for a construction zone, sleeping in a Wal-Mart lot, and even more rainwater leaking in. Figured out where, though, so I have a plan.

That said, I've found an inexpensive B&B for tonight that has laundry. A night to be dry and clean everything. And let the caulk dry.

I wonder if Anchorage has any theatre?



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home