Thursday, June 05, 2008

Acting Sick

Ok, this was a rough day.

Trying to get through eight-or-so hours of rehearsal when your throat is on fire and all you want to do is sleep is not a picnic. But I suppose it could be worse. We finished blocking the play today and then ran act II. We got out an hour and a half early. I was very thankful for that, and promptly fell into bed for three hours.

Up again, I made some soup and came over to our producers house to use the wireless internet (we don't have any at the cast house). It's nice of them to let us sit out on their porch (or in the car, as I am now. Buggy.) and connect up. I did download a dial-up program so that I can access from the cast house, too, though slowly, I'm sure.

I think this show is going to be rather good. It's funny, the actors are strong and easy to work with. Michael is always stunningly efficient at getting these farces up and running in the tiniest time frame.

Speaking of tiny time frames, we have to be offbook by Saturday. And really, ought to be off tomorrow. So that's my plan for most of the rest of the night before sleeping. Lines, talk to Erin, go to bed.

Poor Erin. After the whole oil-pan incident, the mechanic said that she really needed a new engine because driving with so little oil had caused some sort of metal shards in there or something... so $900 later, she got the car back yesterday. Today the battery quit on her. She had to have the car towed back to the shop, thinking it was something wrong with the new engine. Nope - needed a new battery. She practically has a new car now.

I hate being so far away from her when I know being there would be helpful - either just as support, or as a working car to drive her around (she has my car, but can't drive stick, so that does no good.)

Anyway. Back to work.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

Hello friend. I am now blog-stalking you. Sorry if I was harsh the last time we spoke (IM'd), it has been a rough year...

Glad to see you happy and writing -- you are a better writer than I ever knew.

~Jessica (Seaberg)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home